Sharing resources as well all attempt to navigate providing services remotely.
SSWAA webinar COVID-19 Health Crisis Getting through this together: School Social Work in a Changing Landscape Thursday, 3/19/20, 8pm EST
School google accounts are HIPAA compliant and thus able to be used for meet (video conference) or voice (set up a dummy phone number). gsuite_cloud_identity_hipaa_implementation_guide.pdf
Zoom "can" be hippa compliant, but it is not automatically so, and cost more. Here is some info on it: zoom.us/docs/doc/Zoom-hipaa.pdf
List of resources compiled by School Psychs
1. Consult the US Dept of Education's QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON PROVIDING SERVICES TO CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES DURING THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 OUTBREAK MARCH 2020
2. MDE MEMO: Compliance Requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C during a Public Health Emergency
3. COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
4. Consult the NASW, ASWB, CSWE, CSWA Standards for Technology in Social Work Practice. Section 2A provides information about designing and delivering services.
5. NASW Ohio is hosting Using telehealth to adapt practice during COVID-19 outbreak (virtual meeting for NASW members) on Thursday, 3/19/2020 from 10-11a.
6. CDC Guidance for School and Childcare Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
7. The CDC Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
8. The Child Mind Institute's Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus. Students may experience hunger, abuse, or lack of healthcare in their homes and with their families. Know local resources and be prepared to help.
9. Anxiety and Depression Association of America Psychologist Jelena Kecmanovic's 7 Science-Based Strategies to Cope With Coronavirus Anxiety
10. The Jed Foundation's Tips for Self-Care and Managing Stress
11. National Association of School Psychologists' Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
12. SAMSHA's Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
13. SAMHA's Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
14. The Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress: Coronavirus and Emerging Infectious Disease Outbreaks Response
AT&T offers a discount for those who qualify for SNAP
Comcast offers free internet for 2 months effective Monday, March 16, 2020
16. PBS KIDS Daily Newsletter new for duration of school closures.
17. Article "How to talk to your kids about the coronovirus"